tirsdag 15. juli 2008







This weekend I spent in the mountains between Finse and Hallingskeid in Norway. Allthough it is midjuly, there is still a lot of snow over 1200 m. And the lakes are still covered with ice. On friday, I took the train t Finse, the highest trainstation in Norway. After a couple of km on the Rallarveg, I pitched my little red tent close to Finevatn. Lucky me, because 10 minutes later, the rain started pouring down. Quite cosy inside my tent. I left the tentflap open.
Next morning, just after two minutes, I had to cross a river, and I stripped naked, and walked out into the icecold water. For myself, I don`t like paths when I am trekking, and I left it. Compass and map, those are my best friends. I had to cross one more river, and it was only the boca that wasn`t covered with ice. Quite cold and quite deep. But the sun was struggeling its way through the clouds, and I was able to dry in sun and wind.
I slept in Dyrehola, a place where the reindeer are cooling down on the snow. Acctually I did`t see them, but a lot tracks. If yoy ever come to this area, and you need to, well, you know, there is a toilet close the only cottage that stands close to one of the tree small lakes here. Lovely, since I like a proper toilet.
On sunday, it was a short walk to Hallingskeid, and back home to the ocean again. Here are some pictures from the trip.

Ingen kommentarer: